Keep up to date with all ibus news and developments. Check back regularly to view new items.
Submission to the National Transport Authority
December 15, 2010
Create a new network of passenger services for the Ireland of today linking it with the Ireland of tomorrow.
Goal and Objective
- Generate 10s of 1,000 of jobs
- Major stimulus to recovery
- Pivotal to Europe
- Use Irish natural resource
- Attract major EU funding
- Limited access
- Limited financial resources
- Based on structures developed
- 75 years ago
- No competition
- No focal point
How Did We Get Here?
- Representational model ineffective
- Bus/Coach industry incapacity to deliver
- Protected status of existing routes
- Transport of last resort
- Dependence on State funding
- “cut the service” solution
- National Bus Terminus
- Additional National network of routes
- Identifiable cohesive private sector alternative
- No requirement for State funding
- Connection to Europe via Cuchulann Tunnel*
- Initially grant “block” of route licences to ibus
- plc. serving National Bus Terminus to include
- Cuchulann Tunnel*
- ibus plc. can source funding for National Bus
- Divert relevant existing routes to National Bus
- Act now!
To download a PDF presentation of this outline, please 2010 NTA Submission Detail.
- Post Categories
- General News